HOW ARE TRASH BAGS MADE?
- A Guide To Trash Bags
Polyethylene Trash Bags – The most common form of trash bags available today. Polyethylene trash bags are petroleum-based products that are preferred because of their strength and tear resistance. The most common form of polyethylene trash bags are made from low-density polyethylene. Some trash bags are made from high-density polyethylene for other applications. Both types of trash bags come in a wide variety of sizes and strengths.
Below is a chart showing the characteristics of each kind of trash bag:
- How are Trash Bags Made?
12 STEPS OF TRASH BAGS PRODUCTION
- Polyethylene resin pellets are poured into large hoppers.
- An extruder melts and presses the polyethylene.
- A die forms the polyethylene into a ring.
- The ring is then blown into a bubble.
- The bubble is collapsed into a flat tube.
- Rolls pull the film from the die.
- The tubes are divided into multiple webs.
- The tubes are reinflated into a bubble again.
- From the second bubble, bags are cut to size.
- Then the bottom of the bags is sealed & separated.
- Trash Bags are folded.
- They are then stacked and inserted into the packaging.
- Trash Bag Colors and Sizes
Trash bags come in a variety of colors, but the most commonly used colors are black, white, tan, and clear. Many other colors such as blue, red, green, etc. are used for identification purposes.
Many people choose to use clear trash bags to help them identify any object in the bag that may need to be recycled or saved instead of discarded. At many events, the trash can liners will be clear to help identify any potential threats or materials that should not be discarded.
Trash Bag Sizes- As you can see from our trash bag product page, there are a variety of sizes and thicknesses of trash bags. We conveniently have them broken down into three categories for quick and easy selection. The categories are regular duty trash bags, super tuff trash bags, and super heavy-duty trash bags.